Tuesday, March 13, 2007

HSG Cycle

Onto yet another month. Month 9 of TTC #3 to be exact. I'm currently on the 6th day of my cycle. In just 3 short days I'll be having an HSG performed. I am a bit nervous about the whole procedure. After running a quick Google search, I have had the priviledge to read 100s of posts from women regarding their HSG experiences. Some state that it was about as uncomfortable as their yearly GYN visit. Others say they felt like they were being tortured from within the holiest of holies. I'm hoping I'm in the former group. I'll be taking some Advil and a prescribed pill to reduce cramping. I'm going to see if I can find some Valium or Xanax (or both?) too.

The HSG should provide 3 months of increased fertility by effectively cleaning out my tubes and any small blockages that are slowing/preventing the passage of sperm to my egg(s). I am hoping that the HSG overcomes hubby's low sperm count issues and gives his (few) swimmers a smooth passage way to the goal (did I mention that I read an article last night that stated that men with counts below 20mil/Ml are considered "functionally sterile?" My DH's count was 16 mil/ML. Not good).

Overall, I am encouraged for this month but know that what will be...will be. I just pray that my cervix is nice and open and my tubes are nice and clear so that my HSG experience will be a good one.

No comments: