Thursday, February 1, 2007

Why can't I get pregnant?

The cat is already out of the bag if you look at the title of this post- I didn't get pregnant last cycle. My period came right on time, like clockwork. Much time has passed and I am already 5 or 6DPO again, about half way through my two week wait. In the past couple weeks my dear husband (DH) went to get a semen analysis (SA) done. Turns out that my husband, who had NO problem getting me pregnant before has a low sperm count! Shocker. I wish that this made me feel better- that it was an explanation for our problems. However, just because there is a problem with him does not mean that I am problem-free. If we don't get pregnant in the next few months, I'm going to go ahead and get a hysterosalpingogram done and maybe some bloodwork and see if I may also be a contributing factor to our fertility challenges.

Meanwhile, we had a pretty good try at it this month with three baby-dances on ovulation day (go DH!). Yet, I'm already setting myself up for the inevitable. Yep, Negative Nancy. I don't have any pregnancy tests in the house so I don't have any ability to test even if I wanted to...and strangely enough I don't want to.

No comments: